Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Catching you up to speed...

I decided I would use this blog as a personal blog, as well as a public forum to encourage other military wives and share information. Sharing information and helping people is one of my favorite things about the military life. (More on that another day)
This post is to tell you readers (if I have any at this point) a little more about my situation. My husband and I have been married four years now. We have moved four times (about to be five), and have lived in 3 different states. He is a pilot in the Navy and will soon be attached to an Aircraft Carrier. He flies the E2-Hawkeye. We have two crazy pups, and a wonderful son together. I love my life and even though I miss my family dearly, and of course the homeland (no, not the US–I’m speaking of Texas :) ), I LOVE the military life. Today that is.
There are days that it is very stressful. But, that is true with any life that I could have.
My husband is awaiting his next big block of training flights before he goes to the boat to become carrier qualified in his plane. Once he does that, our life could spin into a dozen different directions. He could be sent to California, Japan, or stay here. He could deploy right way for six to nine months, deploy for only a month, or he might not deploy for several months. What I’m saying is, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MY LIFE WILL LOOK LIKE IN 90 DAYS. Aaaaah! (Just breathe, Ashley)
Ok…now that I’ve talked myself off of a ledge, I just have to remember that I’ve been in this place before. The place where I have no choice but to breathe and know that it will all be ok. The place where I choose to have faith that there are friends waiting for me wherever we are sent. The place where I know at the end of the day, I love my man more than anything and that my family–while challenged quite a bit in our four short years, is resilient beyond its age. And then…I choose to be excited about the news. Excited that we will have an adventure of sorts–we just don’t know what that adventure will be!
In preparing for a deployment or a move(or both), my list is growing:
  • Power of Attorney
  • Passports
  • Purging/Organizing
  • Researching possible options for housing in each place
  • Savoring all the moments we have with my husband here
  • Taking lots of pictures and videos of Daddy for the munchkin to see…

Oh, and dog food. We definitely need dog food. Nice to know that even though life will be turned upsidedown, there are things that will remain constant.

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Finally a way for me to keep with you on a more consistent basis. Please tell me you will post about Mason and your adventures you have with him?! He is such a good boy and so handsome with this big eyes. Keep the posts coming... I check everyone's blog at least 5 times a day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I hear you on the 'I have no idea what my life will look like in 90 days' front. Story of our lives, right?

    IF you end up coming to Japan, I suspect you will LOVE it---it's such a tight community you'll have great friends before you even arrive. So that's a comfort anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Megan!

    Mari--it IS the story of our lives. You would think that we would get used to it. Japan isn't my first choice, but I know that the community is awesome. Of course, if that's where we are sent, we will make the best of it. :) It looks like you have LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete