Monday, August 29, 2011

Crawling, diarrhea, and a hurricane! Oh my!

Aren't you jealous?  Wouldn't you just LOVE to spend the weekend dealing with these three items?  Well, the first is kind of exciting.  The munchkin has finally started to crawl!  He has spent the past few weeks rocking back and forth--and scooting along.  But, this weekend, he FINALLY put it all together in the fluid "crawling" movement.  Hooray!!  I'm so excited!  (and slightly terrified!!!) 

Then there was the diarrhea--happy day!! (Note the sarcasm)  My little one had issues this weekend.  I feel so bad for him.  At first I thought it might have been the cold that he was finally getting over, or perhaps the change in his schedule.  But it occurred to me that his formula cans that were delivered looked a little different than the old ones.  (My son has formula delivered because he has a severe allergy to the protein found in milk.  So, he has to drink prescription formula--which is delivered.)  I wondered if that could be the problem.  Perhaps they had changed more than the packaging.  So, today, I called the company.  They changed the formula--and somehow, no one informed me.  More than 36 hours of diarrhea later, they are overnighting the old formula to me so that I can slowly switch him to the new stuff. 

Finally, the lady of the weekend--Irene.  Of course, the men are away right now, which left the women and children (and dogs) to fend for ourselves.  The actual hurricane part of a hurricane isn't where the work is.  The work is in the preparation and cleanup.  Ugh.  I won't write the details, but let's just say that us women did a fantastic job of prepping our homes and vehicles for this storm.  We survived TWO storms this weekend.  Irene, and the storm of having three wives, four kids, and two dogs in one house.  For an entire weekend.  Ah...memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment