Easy Crockpot Pulled Pork BBQ
Super easy! Delish! Good for days--so make extra!
1 pork roast (about four pounds)
Root Beer--a six pack or a 2 liter
1 Bottle of BBQ sauce (I recommend staying away from sweet sauce--you'll get sweet from the root beer)
1 onion (you can have more if you like onion in your BBQ--we just use it for flavoring)
Salt and Pepper--just a few sprinkles
- Cut an onion in 3-4 pieces. Leave them big enough to take out easily later.
- Put the pork roast in the crockpot.
- Fill it with root beer so that the roast is half way covered.
- Salt and pepper
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 5-6 hours
- Take out roast, pull apart with a fork on a plate
- Get a ladle and drain some of the rootbeer (more than half)
- Take out onions and discard
- Add roast back, and pour bottle of BBQ in the crockpot
- Add minced onions if you like
- Mix and add more rootbeer as needed (depends on how juicy you want your BBQ to be)
- Let it cook in the crockpot on high for an hour or so
- Serve on buns with whatever sides you like (we like potato chips--so easy!)