Monday, August 15, 2011

A message, from a member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2006! Whoop!

As I was perusing facebook today, I saw a nasty comment directed at Texas A&M about this whole SEC thing. 

If you aren't from Texas, then let me prep you with the background info.  UT (or t.u. as my Aggies call it) and A&M are big rivals.  I will admit that the University of Texas has done very well in football over the past decade and A&M has been hot and cold.  Because of this, there are a lot of fair weather fans of UT.  These people pick which school to support based on their football program.  Which is fine.

I don't have a problem with people that support UT football--whether they are UT students or just people that like UT football.  But, if you didn't go to UT, yet are a UT football fan--why do you then feel entitled to put down the A&M football program?   As if you are a PART of that university?  NEWS FLASH!!  You are not.  Just because you went out and bought a burnt orange shirt with horns on it doesn't make you a Longhorn. 

I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and that's fine.  But, go back to your ACTUAL school and pick a rival in your own division.  Or, graduate from UT.  Until then, you should keep your opinions about my Aggies to yourself. 

Thanks and Gig 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment