Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I'm no Betty Crocker...

Alright. I wish I was one of those women that just loved cooking. I wish that I enjoyed the smell of something baking in the oven, the aroma of something simmering on the stove, or the beauty of a meal plated perfectly.  But the sad truth is--I don't like to cook. I find it tiring, stressful, and it gets very hot in the kitchen. Being that I am only six months postpartum, I tend to have hot flashes these days. (More on the joys of motherhood in another post)
In fact, it is not uncommon for me to ruin a recipe.  I'm kind of a disaster in the kitchen--needing multiple trips to the store for one recipe, misreading directions and making dishes that are inedible.  My husband just grins and shakes his head.  Never critiques my cooking. He's so kind.

But...I do enjoy feeding my family. I decided that I would occasionally post recipes to my blog. However, I must warn you. These are not recipes that require lots of dishes, measurements, effort, and time in the kitchen. They are--what I strive to find. The easiest recipes ever that require minimal effort but are still quite delicious. They are difficult to screw up--because I am no Rachel Ray. Also, most of the time, you can remember them--so no cookbook required. (Although I do keep them written in a cookbook of my own--I just rarely have to use it.)

So, here is your fair warning. My recipes will not make you feel or look like an amazing cook.  They aren't made from scratch.  They  are not gourmet, or intricate.  They are simple.  Delicious.  And very casual. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment