Monday, August 1, 2011

The Ruin-er of Things

A few years ago, some dear friends of ours had a precious little girl.  And I do mean precious!  They would affectionately call her, "Monster" when they spoke to or about her.  "Hey Monster, whatcha doin?"  "The Monster is hungry" etc.  She was SO precious, and such a sweet little baby.  We couldn't figure out why.

Then we had a baby of our own. 

Sure, he's precious.  And cute.  And I sometimes want to eat his face a little--the cuteness is overwhelming. But, he is definitely a little monster.  Napoleon-esk.  Because he's angry and little.  Not all the time, of course.  At times he is a happy baby.  But if he's tired, or hungry--he's angry.  Napoleon. 

When I push him in the stroller, I often think of this scene.  A tiny being that is in control.  The entire video is funny, but the specific part I'm speaking of is at 2:40 into the video. 



Ok...back to the topic.  When my son was only a few weeks old, my husband and I were chatting about how different our life had become.  Now we understood why our friends called there little girl, "Monster" and decided we should have a nickname too.  We threw around a few titles.  Beast was a favorite.  The "Beast" is waking up, or the "Beast" is hungry.  We thought that was ok.  I decided it sounded kind of like a WWF wrestler.  Then, it came to me.  We shall call our child, the "Ruin-er of Things"--yeees!! 

Now, let me tell you--we LOVE our son!  We wouldn't trade him for the world!  So, this is definitely an affectionate term for him--which will probably be dropped long before he can understand it.  And mainly, his nickname around the house is Munchkin--said in a lovey high pitched voice.  But we also refer to him (never address him) as The Ruiner of Things.  For example, we have to hurry and eat our dinner before the Ruiner of Things decides it's time for him to eat.  We have to be home each night at 6pm because that is the Ruiner's bedtime.  And so on.

We think it's fitting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment